Thursday, November 20, 2008

reflections on the revolution in france...

Setting up shop at work today...I've plugged in the ancient telephone that barely works, signed in to document hours for which I will receive too-little pay, and have said good morning to 9 people...not one has responded. I understand its early and cold but there is no excuse for ignoring someone who you will invariably see several times this morning. I guess we all need to be reminded how truly insignificant we are. As I cannot leave my post (save to run to the bathroom,) I either have to pack a shitty cheese sandwich lunch (which I have to eat under the desk as it "reflects poorly" on my station to noticeably consume anything) or wait until I am off the clock to run and grab shitty campus food before class. There is a ten minute window between the end of my shift and the start of my seminar class--I have yet to rustle up some grub, smoke the cig I've been dreaming about for 7 hours and make it to class. Perhaps today is the day...
Below is a work-themed playlist... my present job is nothing like a chain gang, but nevermind that. Buh.
the national treasure
salt of the earth
chain gang
we gotta get out of this place

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've had that sam cooke song in my head since halloween