Friday, January 30, 2009

Keourac

“My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.”

As much as my mentality has been described as "ancient," and as much as many of my qualities are "typically Capricorn," I tend to be ruled by passion/hope, often to my detriment. I found this quote tucked away in some writing recently. It meant something to me years ago, and seems particularly apt now. Thanks, Jack. Lately, reminding myself this has helped me not fall apart and put things into perspective. I have, in very visible ways, been guided by my passions. I do not regret them...I so rarely lose myself that I welcome those moments of passionate escape. I do wish that I had more control over my heart but, I am not wired that way. In the business of life, relationships, breaking up, it is difficult to avoid being consumed by regret; for me, this is always of product of feeling like my voice is being ignored. Yet, no regret over how I feel, felt. I would do it again.

No comments: