Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chicken. Korea.

Because Rylan spent a year and some change in Korea, I got a little bit of insight into Korean culture. He would share the popular music (hello, Wonder Girls!) and had more than a little bit to say about the food. *To that end, what follows seemed relevant: I thought this was a particularly funny post by Cajun Boy in the City, a favorite site. This Korean advertisement for Popeyes Chicken (yes, that Popeyes) made me laugh and says more than a little about the pervasiveness of American culture in the face of globalization. 

*Because of the time spent apart while Rylan was in Changyeong, I was somehow trained to perk up at the mention of Korea, its culture, etc. I don't know how long that will stick around but I recently bought a Korean cookbook to try some of the recipes he was always mentioning. Funny what sticks, huh? 


No comments: