Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things I see.






It meant a lot when I was told that someone felt that my blog (I still feel slightly ridiculous calling it that) held them to a higher standard. I don't know if that was true then, but I accept the compliment in typical Koernig fashion-by waving it off and stripping it of any positive meaning. Buh. It did mean a lot. 

Lately (sadly) it has been a mixture of sad-bitch, crafts and random images (perhaps this is always what its been...?) and I don't know how else to go about things. Realized today that I am not too proud of my posts and wish I was including more writing or something slightly more substantive that song lyrics (someone else's genius.) I know that I have things to say but it seems that lately my words (choices) have gotten me into trouble. So I am sorting through things aided by alcohol, avoidance, Choco, Ms. Druetta and the prospect of running away (to Orlando for revenge and to Chicago for my life to start.) 

Lots of parenthesis. Striving to NOT live life parenthetically. 

Lot of writing yet little was said. Hope to change things. My love, YOU PROMISED A CHANGE WAS GOING TO COME. 


2 comments:

Keaton Wilder said...

I always liked how you could snatch an insult out of the jaws of a compliment. A lot of your posts are photos. Sometimes you can frame those things more clearly with adjectives, quotes or even the beloved exclaimation/explanation point. Lists, likes, sparse imagery. Those are things I think of when I think of you. When you say things like your favorite sweater and soap, those springboard for the reader the lone swing at a playground in the mind. Thanks for that.

things. said...

giggle and sweep the porch face. am a soccer mom, through and thru.