Sunday, February 8, 2009

When I grow up...



Real Teacher stories (via birds.eye.view) 
A little girl drew the above picture and the next day she returned to school with a note from her mom. It read: 

Dear Mrs. Jones, 
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer. I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room and that several people were fighting over who would get it. 

Her picture doesn't shoe me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot. 

From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in. 

Sincerely, 
Mrs. Smith 

2 comments:

Anthony said...

fucking awesome. But really, why should the teacher have cause for concern? I mean, ok, so a stripper-mom may not pay as much taxes as the teacher, but who has a better health plan? Sorry, but bus fare to the free clinic is no substitute for an OBGYN or a mental health professional you can get vulnerable with about your low self-esteem.

things. said...

Hysterical the first time I read it. Have come back twice since that initial reading...am still laughing. You cheered up my work morning.