Thursday, December 4, 2008

For my ladies that love them some Duchovny...


I mean...I can kind of see the appeal and my love of large noses is well-documented (and possibly genetic.) But the quote below, written for the Duch's character on Californication, represents the Duchovny I could absolutely fall in love with.

"But this - this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write. There’s no easy way to say this, so I’ll just say it: I met someone. It was an accident. I wasn’t looking for it. I wasn’t on the make. It was a perfect storm. She said one thing, I said another. Next thing I knew, I wanted to spend the rest of my life in the middle of that conversation. Now there’s this feeling in my gut. She might be the one. She’s completely nuts in a way that makes me smile; highly neurotic. A great deal of maintenance required. She is you, Karen. That’s the good news.
The bad news is that I don’t know how to be with you right now. And it scares the shit out of me. Because if I’m not with you right now, I have this feeling we’ll get lost out there. It’s a big, bad world full of twists and turns. And people have a way of blinking - and missing the moment; the moment that could have changed everything. I don’t know what’s going on with us and I can’t tell you why you should waste a leap of faith on the likes of me. But damn you smell good, like home."

If someone made a grand speech like that for me, I would "waste" a leap of faith. I would also do unspeakable things to him...I guess I am a romantic. Fuck.

No comments: