Tuesday, December 2, 2008

vamos a la playa...

,







As a native Floridian, I am quite sentimental about the beach (despite how rarely I have the opportunity to visit it...) There is something inherently calming about it, particularly when its empty, overcast and seems so throughly private, infinite. I am nostalgic for the smell of the salt, the sound of the waves as they roll in. For whatever reason, I have always had this nostalgic attachment to all things related to the natural realm...so I guess this Muir-esque mentality is not limited to the ocean. However, these particular images represent my attempt to capture that emotion, perhaps to serve as a reminder as I sit in this landlocked city, dreaming of something else. My paps and I maintained our tradition of early morning escapes to watch the sunrise, sitting on the sand and being honest with one another. This is a tradition I intend to preserve should I ever have children.

No comments: